primary purpose of Backcountry Horsemen of Washington is to work toward
the perpetuation of the legal and moral claim by American people to use
horses and mules for recreation on public lands.
· Unite horsemen as a viable contracting group to work with governmental agencies to achieve the goals and
objectives of the Backcountry Horsemen of Washington.
· Encourage responsible citizen involvement in governmental actions effecting public lands.
· Oppose unjustified restrictions and closure to horse-use, on public lands.
· Educate and inform horsemen and others interested in or effected by policies and programs of the Backcountry
Horsemen of Washington, about the impact of horse use on backcountry
lands, especially fragile areas.
· Demonstrate that horsemen are citizens concerned about protecting the environment, as well as sustaining
economic equilibrium for the community and country.